If you are like me, you have some difficulty with unpleasant tasks. We go into evasion mode when we foresee a distasteful experience. You will feel 100% better when you eliminate these types of people from your business:
• Do you have customers who are rude and disrespectful to you or your employees? Fire them today.
• How about a customer with a history of prolonged Accounts Receivable? Write them off today.
• Is there a chronic complainer among your customers? Enough already; cut them loose now.
• Have any short tempered customers where the least little things set them off? Do not wait for their next outburst; dismiss them now.
• What about your customer who is always fishing for you to cut them a deal and discount your fee? Simply raise your price and they will either agree or eliminate themselves.
If you see yourself in any of these situations you are carrying around unhealthy emotional and psychological baggage. This has a direct effect on your business. This has a direct effect on your health. You have to be eager to identify who you are, who you're not, and whether a client's desires and principles mirror your core values.
There comes a time in every growing business when you get to select the customer. Do yourself a big favor and fire the people who are making you feel bad. Once you lighten your load you will feel much better about yourself and your business.